Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I hurriedly drank about six ounces of Nature's Promise

My name is Mike. I hurriedly drank about six ounces of Nature's Promise Organic Red Tea with Mango Mandarin about an hour ago and noticed a rancid taste. The bottle was sealed when I opened it. The smell of the fluid seems very much like a hydrogen peroxide smell. I waiting to see if I will develope any symptoms of food poisoning. What I'd like to know is how do I make others consumers aware that there might be a recall of the product, and if I have the product on me, where can I take it do determine what substance or bacteria is in it?
Thanks.

Greetings Mike.

A medical lab can take swab from the container but your primary care physician has to request for it. The swab test will grow the bacteria, if it was contaminated. For the consumer awareness; you can post on the various health message boards on the internet, start a Blog, inform the various social clubs in your area. You can telephone your local health department also.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun