CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I have pain im my left groin area and upper leg. feel numbness

I have pain im my left groin area and upper leg. feel numbness and swollen around the top area of my left tasticle and I more so in pain when I ams itting or driving! I had knee injury as of a fall on the side walk 7 months ago and there was no brokeen bone but an extreem pain around the right knee and later in my buttocks area. At the present time the pain is only concentrated around my left groin area and burning sensation is felt very much and also pain. I am taking for this some antidepressant medications as of 10 days ago. Any help for this immdiately? please tell me so.!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Have you seen a Neurologist? This does sound like possible nerve pain, from perhaps a problem with a nerve in your back. (Amitriptaline is sometimes ordered for nerve pain).
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>if it is not a nerve pinched then what do you think it is. because the pain comes and goes and also in my sleep I feel nothing of it but when I am sitting as of right now on the computer typing this then I feel the pain around the upper side of my left leg and the left groin area, as of it is a discomfort and also a burning sensation!</p><p> </p><p>what is this all about?</p><p>I have not seen a Neurolgist as of yet but my genral practition said it is possibly a pinched nerve and need to relax!</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
CAMILL- YOU DID NOT ANSWER ME YET! I AM WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER TO MY SECOND QUESTION!
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
The groin area may be bothering you due to a pudental nerve problem. This is a nerve that originates in the sacrum and can be the cause of groin discomfort. IF it is painless when lying and hurts when sitting..something is being compressed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

HOW CAN I TREAT THIS? WHAT SHOULD I DO? IS THIS NORMAL FOR PEOPLE MY AGE? IS THIS IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE INJURY OF MY KNEE 7 MONTHS AGO?

Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
This can happen at any age. This should have nothing to do with the knee, but depending upon how you injured your knee, you may very well have irritated a nerve (s) in your back at the same time... or due to favoring the knee may have irritated a nerve (s). You really should see a neurologist who can do nerve conduction tests and pinpoint the problem as well as suggest physical therapy exercises for your particular issue as well as discuss other possible treatment options.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THIS HAS BEGAN AS IF IT WAS A PAIN IN MY LEFT TASTICLE AND THEN I THOUGHT IT COULD HAVE BEEN HERNIA. BUT THE DOCTOR THAT EXAMINED ME RULED HERNIA OUT AND SUGGESTED A PINCHED NERVE. I JUST LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THIS PAIN FOR GOOD?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Ibuprofen per package directions will be helpful , physical therapy once the cause has been diagnosed, and a possible nerve block if other measures fail....but don't be worried, it's possible that specific exercises ( Once the source has been found) will help you considerably.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
IS THIS ANY WAY HARMFUL IF CAN I CONTINUE MASTURBATION? I AM A SINGLE MAN AND THIS IS MY ONLY SEXUAL OUTLET. DOES THIS IN ANY WAY MIGHT HAVE BEEN A CAUSE FOR THIS PINCHED NERVE? IS THERE ANY ADVICE ON THIS AT ALL?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
No, that is not in any way harmful to you at all. Find a comfortable position and feel free to masterbate as often as you'd like. Masterbation can not cause nerve damage, so don't worry about that. If you feel discomfort, change position... standing should be the least painful if this is a pudental nerve problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THE DOCTOR SAID THAT ALL OF THE BLOOD WORK REUSLTS ARE GOOD AND ALSO THAT THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY INFECTION, AND YOUR ANSWERS SO FAR GIVE ME LOTS OF COMFORT AND UNDERSTANDING. SO, IN A WAY THIS CAN HAPPEN AND NOT NEED TO PANICK SO MUCH, RIGHT? CONTIUING WITH THE AMITRIPTALINE IS ALSO A GOOD IDEA FOR THIS TYPE THING AS YOU SAID, CORRECT?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
yes, amitriptaline is often helpful with nerve pain and no, really there is no need to panic:-)

Edited by CamilleRN on 6/30/2010 at 2:18 AM EST