Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a red looking rash in my groin area on both sides of…

Customer Question
I have a red looking...
I have a red looking rash in my groin area on both sides of my bag area. I have emphemza
and I am not able to bath in bath tub as I should. I wash myself as best I can and it seems to come and go at times. I have had it for about three months.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/29/2010
Health Professional: RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor replied 8 years ago
RAJESH  CHAUHAN

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I shall be trying my best to help you as much as I can. Could you please help me understand your problem by giving me the following details:

1) Are you using/ taking steroids for emphysema?

2) Is the rash itchy? Any oozing?

3) Any scales over the rash?

4) Any other symptoms/ significant medical conditions or significant past history?

4) Seen your doctor for this and what did he/she tell you? Any tests/ investigations?

Thanks. Shall be waiting for your reply.

l. Taking steroids - Aerobid ( I believe this is a steroid)

2. Itch at times with no oozing.

3. No scales over rash.

4. No other symptoms, and I have not seen a doctor.

Thanks for the additional details. Having gone through your descriptions, it seems like we have a problem termed “intertrigo”. Please have a look at this web resource which provides authentic details and might be helpful:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003223.htm

Besides discussing this problem with your doctor, maybe it will also be good if we discuss with our doctor about the steroid that is being used, and it will also help if we can get the blood sugar levels checked out to see if there is no diabetes.

I hope that this information helps answer your query. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can. Best wishes.

I was wondering if you could recommend a medicine that I could get without a prescription that might be of help. Thank you.

Thanks. Kindly have a look at this web resource which might be helpful for your query:

http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/intertrigo.html