Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My wife Is currently pregnant with our third child she had a…

Customer Question
Hi my wife Is currently...
Hi my wife Is currently pregnant with our third child she had a blighted ovum in january she went and had an ultrasound today and they said she was only four weeks pregnant? how is this possible. We made love may 21st and may 22nd but I can remember when after that or even if we did. She thinks she ovulated on may 22nd. How can this be possible? The ultrasound showed a small sack and measured at her only being 4 weeks pregnant she has irregualr periods and the may 3rd period was the first period since her blighted ovum. Can you tell us what could be going on and when she concieved and her due date. She had her hcg levels taken on the 18th and they were at 100 and said she was barely pregnant. Need advice badly any additional advice would be helpful
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Owen, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Are you sure you only made love on the 21st and the 22 of May?
i'm not sure to be honest I think so but cant say for certain she didnt get a period for june and she didnt get a positive home pregnanct test until june 16th blood test confirmed on the 18th and her hcg levels were 100
But, with HCG level of 100 on the 18th of June - then 10 days later, the HCG level should be at least 2500 to about 5000 - and this would put your wife at around 5 to 6 weeks pregnant - so for now, repeating the ultrasound and the HCG level is recommended.