Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My 26 year old daughter developes a fever (102 or higher)

Customer Question
My 26 year old daughter...
My 26 year old daughter developes a fever (102 or higher) and extreme fatigue after being out in hot weather. THis has happened several times. She is not obese (5'3" and 140# ***** muscular). This seems reaction seems to be getting worse. She is in general good health.
Any suggestions?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/28/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Hasan, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

Thanks for your question.

Does she have any other symptoms like burning micturation, sore throat, headache, Flu, sweating, dizziness, nausea.

How is her conscious level?

Hows her blood pressure, pulse.

Regards

She has a good level of consciousness. She had no nausea or vomiting. Her BP was normal and her pulse was slightly elevated at peak temperature (103) She did develop a sore throat and is going to see her family practice physician, but my concern is the heat intolerance. This may turn out to be an infection, but why the recurrent exhaustion and fever after heat exposure. This is the third incident (this summer)and each time it is worse. She knows about fluid intake as she has been a triathlete in the past. I want to be sure that she does not need to see endorcinology.

Thanks for your input.

The symptoms of your daughter doesnot match with the heat stroke.

I feel she has some upper respiratory tract problem which is causing these symptoms anyhow without examination one cannot be sure.

I am sending you a link also where you can see details about symptoms of heat stroke.

http://www.medicinenet.com/heat_stroke/article.htm

Moreover examination by physician and if some suspicion then by ENT will be useful. If she feel heat intolerance even if others are fine and comfortable then her thyroid functions must be determined.

Regards ***** ***** for your daughter.

Click ACCEPT if you are satisfied.

Dr Hasan