Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My partner called me into the bathroom last night and he had…

Customer Question
hi my partner called me...
hi my partner called me into the bathroom last night and he had passed dark red blood with his stool he said there was no pain and i panicked as because it was watery it looked bad
we had a salad for dinner and he had beetroot could this be the cause he then went again about 2 hours later and it was the same what should we do
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/28/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Hello

Sorry for the symptoms.

The red watery stool can be from indigestion along with beet root which gave the color red.

Other possibility is due to blood from infection which makes the stool watery.

Fresh blood in stool comes most commonly from the lower part of the gut near anus or rectum.

The causes can be hemorrhoid, polyp, fissure, inflammatory bowel diseases, diverticulitis, infection or from tumor.

Stool examination is needed to get the diagnosis.

If the symptoms persist, he should consult doctor as early as possible for examination and investigations to find out the cause and early start of treatment as it is necessary.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.