Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I went to Duncan Regional Hospital in Duncan Ok today to be…

Customer Question
I went to Duncan Regional...
I went to Duncan Regional Hospital in Duncan Ok today to be treated (by I.V.- 1 bag) and a shot of Phenagren (?) for what the P.A referred to as Moderate Dehydration. (I had been vomiting and had the dry heaves for the previous 8 hours.) I was there for a total of about 2 1/2 hours. Can you give me a very rough idea how much this will end up costing me out of pocket....I have 80/20 insurance but had to pay them $100 up front before leaving the emergency room.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/28/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Well, this is a bit tough because we are dealing with two unknowns -- how much the er charge is going to be (each one charges differently) and your specific insurance.
For just an examination and iv fluids, the total charge can be several hundred dollars to perhaps over a thousand dollars, of which 80% will be covered by your insurance. So my best guess may be a couple hundred to 400 out of pocket for you, for the simple visit.