Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I suddenly have a very oily scalp (never a problem in the…

Customer Question
Hi, I suddenly have a very...
I suddenly have a very oily scalp (never a problem in the past), along with red bumps on my scalp. The bumps came first, followed by more oil. I recently got off Birth Control after being on it for 10+ years. Is there a supplement I could take to prevent breakouts in place of birth control? Do you think this could be the cause? Thanks.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/27/2010
Health Professional: Dr.Dev, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr.Dev
Dr.Dev, Doctor

hi

you may be right about the whole thing being related to the birth control pills,they are known to cause a transient hormonal imbalance when withdrawn suddenly.

more than a supplement,it will be more prudent just to wait it out.you are 34 and have a long reproductive life ahead.meanwhile,just wash your hair more often,and do not expose it to direct sunlight.