Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My husband is having pain in testicles. Right teste is very…

My husband is having pain...
My husband is having pain in testicles. Right teste is very swollen. He did have a fever yesterday. Along with Nausea and Vomiting. We've kept cold compresses on the testicular sac, and he says the pain is not as bad. Should I take him to the hospital? Or see if it works itself out? He said he had this happen when he was 14 and the Dr. didn't do anything at the hospital but tell him to get some bed rest.
6/26/2010
Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

HI,

Thanks for your question.

swollen, painful testicle is likely to be caused by an infection. The cause may be a virus (such as mumps) or various bacteria. It can follow a urine infection. It can also be caused by sexually transmitted bacteria such as chlamydia or gonorrhea. Obviously, you need to see your doctor for some simple tests and antibiotic treatment, he might need to use a scrotal support .

So i recommend that you take him to doctor(preferably urologist).

Regards ***** *****

Dr Hasan

Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor

HI,

I am sorry but from your feedback i have assessed that you have taken my message in wrong way or i have delivered it in wrong way, you should take your husband to the doctor as soon as possible so that the treatment starts earlier.

Regards ***** *****