Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

How do you relieve the pain and heal a fissure? Been

Customer Question
how do you relieve the...
how do you relieve the pain and heal a fissure ? Been doctoring it for 2 weeks. supossitorys and proxotfoam.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/26/2010
Health Professional: RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor replied 8 years ago
RAJESH  CHAUHAN

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Proctofoam and use of suppositories should be helping to some extent. Prep H OTC and Lignocaine jelly are another options for such a problem, besides addition of fibre to diet, taking plenty of fluids so that the stool stays soft and doesn’t hurt while being passed out. Avoiding straining while passing stool should also help in such cases.

A warm sitz bath two or three times daily should help as well.

That said, if the condition doesn’t improve within next three or four days, or gets aggravated anytime, please do not hesitate checking in with your doctor.

I hope that this information helps answer your query. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can.