Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Some of my finger bones between the middle joint and top…

Customer Question
Some of my finger bones...
Some of my finger bones between the middle joint and top joint look as if something took a spoon and scooped a piece out of both sides of the bone. do you know what would cause this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/25/2010
Health Professional: RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor replied 8 years ago
RAJESH  CHAUHAN

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

The feature that was found in the x-rays is perhaps “osteolysis”. Besides the well known condition termed “acro-osteolysis in rheumatic diseases”, this type of picture can also be seen with some congenital syndromes as well as in certain cancers. That said, in your case, I think that your doctors should be considering the possibility of gouty arthritis as well as of psoriatic arthritis (if you had psoriasis).

I hope that this information helps. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can.

Best wishes.