Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

As soon as I eat I start having pains in my stomach, like…

Customer Question
Hello, As soon as I eat...
As soon as I eat I start having pains in my stomach, like immediately after the first bite. Bowel movements and everything else seem to be normal. I am in west africa..wondering if this could be a sign of malaria. If so that would be fine but want to make sure it isnt a sign of a more serious issue with an internal part.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/25/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Please let me know a little more about the symptoms to answer you better. In which part of the abdomen? Is there any mass or lump? Do you have fever?

Regards.
no fever or lump. It is in the middle, just general stomach upset feeling.
Thank you for the input.

Pain in the middle of the abdomen after food can be due to gastritis, pancreatitis, reflux. H.pylori infection may be there too. Sometimes gall bladder disease can also pain. It is unlikely a malaria symptom. You should take an examination by doctor.Take bland diet. Avoid coffee, tobacco, alcohol, smoking , fried fatty food etc. Antacids can help. H2 blockers like zantac, pepcid can also be useful.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.