Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had this wierd frrling for the past month like my…

Customer Question
I have had this wierd...
I have had this wierd frrling for the past month like my throat is restricted. I have had allergy symptoms this year. Sinus stuff, had bronchial issue that I took anti-biotics for about 2 weeks ago. I still have this feeling that starts in the back of my nasal area into the back of the throat. It sometimes feels restricted and sometimes when I cough their is clear, thick mucus other times it's a dry cough.
Doctoc look in throat ans went deeper with a device and says the upper airway doesn;t look restricted.
Could this be allergies? Left over issues from bronchitis? Acid reflux issues?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/24/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Tharun, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Doctor

Do you have reflux disease like abdominal pain and bitter taste in the mouth?

Any swelling in the front of the neck?

Any problem while swallowing ?

Any anti allergic medications you are on?

Asthma?

Any other illness?

Please let me know

Dr.Tharun

I have had acid reflux symptoms for the first time in my life this year. I talk protonix. I never feel acid in the throat. I do not have asthma or any other illness. I do have seasonal allergies which is when this began. I have been taking zyrtec for about 3 weeks and nasonex. I had been on a presciption for brocial stuff about three weeks ago. It cleared out of the chest but still feel it in the nasal throat area. Is it common to feel difficulty swallowing when you have thick mucus draining from nose to throat?

Hello.

The airway passage and food passage are common till the throat and hence any respiratory infection with post nasal drip would affect the food passage also and give these symptoms.

Going by your symptoms it seems like a residue of the bronchitis settling off.Allergies can also give these symptoms on and off with no finding on examination as allergic changes are reversible.

I would suggest , you wait for the nasal symptoms to subside.Continue the anti -allergic management and antacids.

If there is fever or increased pain then take a course of antibiotics to settle it.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Dr.Tharun