How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CamilleRN Your Own Question
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4183
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
Type Your Health Question Here...
CamilleRN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have what I think is a boil just below my tail bone,

Resolved Question:

I have what I think is a boil just below my tail bone, between my cheeks of my backside. It seems to come back quite often. Is this a boil or something else? What causes it and how should I treat it. It is quite painful to sit at the moment.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. You may have something called a Pilonidal Cyst, which is an abscess in the natal cleft (butt crack) that can persist for many years and may become infected causing pain and drainage. Pilonidals cysts or abcesses usually do not go away on their own and may require surgery, however somtimes they do resolve on their own. I hope thisi nformationhelps you, please let me know if I can help you further:-)
CamilleRN and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you