Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I seem to have a problem with stretching my right calf. I…

Customer Question
Hi, i seem to have...
Hi, i seem to have a problem with stretching my right calf. I can always mange to stretch my left no problem but no matter how hard i try, my right just wont stretch before running. I have taken to massaging it now before i go for my daily run. Is there any trick to getting that proper stretch? Its very annoying as no matter how hard i try I often feel tightness in that calf and on the odd occasion i feel excrutiating pain when i cramp in bed.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/22/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
It can be an earliest sign of Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT).However,it can also be due to muscle trauma after vigorous exercise.You should go for a check up.In DVT there occur a clot in one vein of the leg which hinders the blood flow .So there occur cramps and tightness off and on.It should not be ignored.
Wish you good health
Regards,
Dr.Naeem
i actually have done this 18 months ago i had a d-dimers test done for that and my doctor said i was all clear
Then it can be a muscle trauma which is presenting like that.Moreover ,it can be due to low potassium level especially that cramp while in bed.

I have never suffered any trauma of any kind and i eat bananas literally everyday....

i was presuming it would just be a case of a new kind of physio to help stretch it out

i have to say Dr, when someone asks about stretching their calf beofre jogging (this has been going on for 3 years).......telliing them they could have a life threatening condition such as DVT is extremely scare mongering on your part in my opinion!

i will not be accepting

Good bye

wish you good health.