Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Male, age 56. 5 foot 9, 230 pounds. Getting ready for hip…

Customer Question
Hello, male, age 56. 5...
Hello, male, age 56. 5 foot 9, 230 pounds. Getting ready for hip resurfacing on July 8. Have an arthritic rt hip (bone on bone) and arthritic right knee (sports injury when I was 20). Knee has been relatively stable so decision has been to fix highly painful right hip first.
Recently have developed calf pain in right calf muscle which can be excruciating when I walk. It is painful when the right foot goes down and pushes off. Dull ache otherwise. No traumatic injury. Could this be due to the arthritis in hip and knee? Will the hip resurfacing offer some relief or is this a new problem that may be permanent? Suggestions for interim treatment?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/21/2010
Health Professional: RAJESH CHAUHAN, Doctor replied 8 years ago
RAJESH  CHAUHAN

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Having gone through your description, we perhaps may be dealing with these two possibilities out here, and these need to be checked out by your doctor:

(a) Peripheral vascular disease

(b) Deep vein thrombosis

I hope that this information helps. Please feel free to inquire if you have any remaining concerns/ doubts, as it shall be a privilege and a pleasure to try and help as much as I can.

Best wishes.