Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My scalp is burning so bad and very painfull.first my family…

Customer Question
Hi there! My scalp is burning...
Hi there!
My scalp is burning so bad and very painfull.first my family doctor treated me for fungus..didnt get better..saw a derm., I have been using a corticosteroid for a few months now on and off... it doesnt get any better. scalp biopsy showed no fungus, no bacteria..
can U reccomend something or somebody in Florida who specialized in hair-scalp disorders? thanks zs
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/20/2010
Health Professional: CamilleRN, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Do you have a rash? Are there open lesions?
i did in the first few months, but not anymore, they were even bleeding littlebit, those are gone now.
it is just red and burning and evry painfull
What exactly are you using on it now? Please list all products inluding shampoo and styling products.
COLBEX spray twice daily , shampoo :SLS free , natural shampoo, nothing else, and a pantene pro v conditioner
I am sorry for the delay in response. It seems to me that one of the products may be causing the discomfort you are having. I would highly suspect the clobex spray as the possible side effects include mild to moderate burning, stinging, itching, redness, and irritation. To find out if this is the cause, I would recommend you eliminate it for 2 weeks, use only baby shampoo/conditioner without perfumes and dyes.