Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

How does it take to get to get used to seizure meds. I know…

Customer Question
How long does it take...
How long does it take to get to get used to seizure meds. I know all meds are different but and I have had to change some due to side effects, but this is affecting my family.
Also, I am a newly diagnosed pt at the age of 38. Any info would be helpful. I take topamax 50mg am 100mg pm and will be changing go generic lamictal xr tomorrow 100 bid
due to insurance purposes. I am also on klonopin 1mg bid. All has worsened in two months
and i cannot be left alone without having one to two seizures daily which has lessened from six to seven daily. Thank you C. Evans
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/20/2010
Health Professional: Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist replied 8 years ago
Karel1
Karel1, Certified Respiratory Therapist
It usually takes 6-8 weeks to get fully into a persons symptoms, however if you are having really bad side effects you should consult your physician there are so many other meds to try. It takes patience but once you find the one thats right for you it will be better, the key is to find the right one. All of them have side effects, you have to take the good with the bad unfortunately and find one with the most tolerable side effects and best outcome.