Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Ive had a headache for about ten days...is this normal....my…

Customer Question
ive had a headache for...
ive had a headache for about ten days...is this normal....my doc said it was stress and gave me xanax....but it doesnt help my headache which is primerally on the left side above my ear....
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/20/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Singh, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Do you have any other symptoms associated with the headache? Can you describe the nature of the headache (for example, throbbing, pulsating, constant, dull ache, etc.?) Are you taking any medications? Your medical history?
acheing throbing...and constant
From what you describe you are most likely suffering from a tension headache. For tension headaches, the best course of treatment is to take aspirin/tylenol (excedrin has both). To prevent the headaches in the future you can take tricyclic antidepressant medications such as Palemar. You can also work on stress management, relaxation technique, applying ice/heat to any sore muscles in the body, working on your posture. Acupuncture and massage may also be tried. Regards.