Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have had my implanon since November last year and have…

Customer Question
I have had my implanon...
I have had my implanon since November last year and have been able to feel it fine. Just recently if i run my finger along it, it is no longer smooth and i can feel lumps along the implanon? should i be worried or is this muscle forming over it or something like that?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/19/2010
Health Professional: Dr.Tiwari, Doctor. replied 8 years ago
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
Chat Conversation Started
DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Customer:

hi

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

You should not be worried by this .This is just the fibrous tissue which is forming over it or these are the fat tissue over it.

Customer:

Will this make the implanon harder to remove? as i still have 2 1/2 years left

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

No,it does not affect its removal.

Customer:

is it unusual then? as none of my friends have had the bumps forming?

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

It is the reported side effect with this implant.Most probably does not occured with your friends.This is just a formation of extra tissue .

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

Are you there?

DR.TIWARI ,M.S. :

If you are satisfied with my answer then please PRESS GREEN ACCEPT.