Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am 32 Male,I stopped smoking one month back ( may be i…

Customer Question
Hi.I am 32 Male,I stopped...
Hi.I am 32 Male,I stopped smoking one month back ( may be i smoke like 1/2 Cig once a while not regularly ).I am having problem of shortness fo breath,its like i dont feel confortable inhaling throught my nose and some time i take breath with mouth to feel the full satisfaction.But last night i woke up suddenly with no breating and had to take a long breath with whoofing sound and felt terriable..can some one suggest me the problem i have and which doctor should i consult. and also I have another issue of having pain my left side.ribs,back,anu suggestion greatly appricated
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/18/2010
Health Professional: DR MED MD, Board Certified MD replied 8 years ago
DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD

Welcome to just answer,

Common cause of such symptoms is infection.

You need to get yourself examined by your doctor for find out exact cause.

You also need to do chest x-ray to look for any disease of lungs.

If there is discomfort when you inhale from nose there is possibility of infection in nose or sinus.

Do not delay and get immediate medical attention.

Thanks
Last time when i have been to Internal Medicne Doctor he has done chest X ray,and other stuff and said lungs are good..do i need to see any specialist in this regard please.Do i need to ask for any special Diagnosis ?
First you can see an internal medical specialist and if required he can refer you to a respiratory medicine specialist.

Thanks
The internal medical speicalist i have seen actually gave up saying he dont understand what the problem is. I did US ABD COMPLETE,and Chest X ray in March but nothing cameup.
In that case you need to see a respiratory medicine specialist and an ENT ear nose throat specialist.

Thanks
DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Thanks Alot Doctor
Thanks