Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I had a tramatic fall on the whole backside of my body in…

Customer Question
Hello, I had a tramatic...
Hello, I had a tramatic fall on the whole backside of my body in February. It took about 8 weeks to finally feel 80% better. When visiting my sister in Texas she recomended a deep tissue massage and an allignment on my bones. After these two proceedures I was in extreme pain in my muscles and my joints. Now I'm back in Florida and my primary physician told me he thinks it is phoriatic arthritis due to the fact that I have phoriasis on a few of my joints and the back of my head. He has precribed a few meds and they made me feel great the next day, but now I feel the pain coming back worse everyday. My left ankle, left elbow, right knee and right elbow is a little swollen with much discomfort and pain. My muscles in my upper arms and thighs are tender and sore.....Can you please tell me what you think my problem is? Thank you, Cheryl
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/16/2010
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 8 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Hello, Cheryl,

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There is no way for us to tell what is wrong with you since we cannot examine you, order scans or lab tests. Psoriatic arthritis certainly is a good possibility though. It usually occurs in the 50s and 60s in people who have psoriasis. There are a lot of tests to rule out other sources of the pain and inflammation, but no one particular lab test that says this is psoriatic arthritis versus some other form. There are a lot of treatments that usually start with non-steroidal antiinflammatory medication (aspirin, naproxen, indomethacin, Celebrex, etc.) and exercise. Any joint that becomes filled with fluid can be aspirated. Treatment is really aimed at controlling the symptoms. For recalcitrant psoriatic arthritis there are stronger medications that your doctor can try. The article below has some easy to understand information about it.

http://www.medicinenet.com/psoriatic_arthritis/article.htm

I'm sorry for the delay. I don't get on my personal e-mail too often. My pain is worse and keeps moving from joints to muscle to tendons. Could this be bone cancer or MS?

There is no way to say what it is without an examination and testing. Pain that moves around isn't likely to be bone cancer though. With none of the other symptoms it probably also isn't MS. However, there is no way to rule anything either in or out without an exam.

What kind of tests do you recomend? I had a complete blood test today and uranalysis. I have a script for a bone density test as well. Anything else?
It sounds like your doctor has it covered.

I know you cannot diagnose me without exams and testing but I don't feel any compasion from you in regards ***** ***** health. I am willing to accept your answer for the time you have put in but I have never done this before and don't know what will be the next step after payment?

After payment, some of the funds go to pay me and the other half goes to Just Answer for providing the platform. I'm puzzled as to why you don't feel compassion from my answers. I feel sorry for anyone in pain, although we cannot do anything about it online.

Why are you online then? I guess I'm on the wrong website..Thanks anyway!

Pain is not relieved by any online source and your naiveté in expecting it to be is truly incomprehensible. If that was your intent, you truly are on the wrong site. I am opting out so I don't waste any more of your time providing factual answers.