Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm 46 years old recently diagnosed with diabetes (now under…

Customer Question
I'm 46 years old recently...
I'm 46 years old recently diagnosed with diabetes (now under control). I was diagnosed bipolar about 1yr and latter when my diabetes was put in control I no longer felt the rages but I still feel terribly anxious and if not up at the crack of dawn will lay in bed all day. On my days off I sit in front of the computer surfing ebay,craigslist and amazon for junk to buy. I own my own business and am responsible for the maintanence but just can't get my rear out of the house, same goes for my bills,taxes and any responsibillities. I fear no reprecusions or penalty. I have no drive or ambition or passion. I used to play baseball 2-3 times a week now I find ways to tell the guys I can't be there even though I just drive around in my car until the game would be over......? I can't figure it out :( I don't care to talk to anyone, which has ruined my relationship with my teenage children,I communicate to them thru my wife,which I see as a friend and advisary at the same time,
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/15/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Singh, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Which medications do you take currently?

Are you seeing a psychiatrist?
benazepril hcl 10mg,metformin hcl 500mg & simvastatin 20mg and an 80mg asprin. no psychiatrist.
Your symptoms indicate a possibility of depression, which can be associated with Bipolar disorder. I think you will greatly benefit from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Also SSRI medications like Fluoxitine can help control your symptoms. Since your condition is affecting your relationships and family life, you should strongly consider therapy. I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist soon for evaluation.
Regards.