Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have been dealing with this problem for a while now. My ct…

Customer Question
I have been dealing with...
I have been dealing with this problem for a while now. My ct scan came out normal, my transvaginal was normal except when pushed on my bladder/uterus area it hurt a little, I have an urge to urinate, I am scheduled for an ultrasound. But I have pain under both sides of my ribs even swollen tender to the touch, hurts to raise my arms it hurts and stabs my back and shoulder.I have upper and lower back pain, and in shoulder.Its making me walk hunched a bit. UTI was negative, endoscopy and colonoscopy showed very mild gastriits so he said thats not it. My breast are a tad sore on the side not sure if its the breast or just rib area. My period was late never has been before but came and is now gone. Im at a lost as to what this is, some say gallbladder, pancreas, some say IC, some say spleen or liver or kidneys. What is this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/14/2010
Health Professional: CamilleRN, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.You may have something called costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the cartilage of the rib cage. It can be temporary ( a few weeks) or can be long lasting ( several months ) and depending on the extent of the inflammation, can be quite painful. Costochondritis, caused often by coughing, responds very well to anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen) and the use of ice packs (bags of frozen vegetables at 15 minute intervals are very helpful), and gentle stretching of the pectoralis muscles two to three times a day. Here is an article to read that will help you to compare your symptoms: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626