Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My brother is 47 years old, he served five years in ethopia.

Customer Question
eleven years ago he passed...
my brother is 47 years old, he served five years in ethopia. eleven years ago he passed out, vomited, and hes feet were tingeling. He passed out for about an hour and woke up and the next day he was okay. This episode occured about five times in the past eleven years. Before three weeks ago, he was tested many times (in Israel and U.S), but no one could find anything wrong with him. Three weeks ago, after five years of no episodes, there was another episode. My brother fainted, he stoped breathing, hes heart stoped beating, and by the time the ambulence came there was a gap of about ten minuties. At this moment he is three weeks in a comba in Jeruselem in Hadasah Hospital.All test were negative, including catscan, MRI, and blood work. Before passing out, the symptoms were vomiting and itchy or tingily feet(like one would be using a needle against his feet. We know he ate raw meat and did try differnt types of foods in Africa. Do you have any idea what this might be? ***@******.***
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/14/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Have the doctors looked closely at his heart function?
why the heart?
Your story of fainting -- and his heart stopping beating -- all point toward a heart arrythmia as the cause of him passing out and potentially causing a lack of blood supply to the brain, causing a coma -- perhaps "anoxic brain injury".

If he was discovered without a pulse -- a heart condition would be the most likely culprit here.

As the CT and MRI of the brain has ruled out a stroke, a bleed, or other tumors/pressure problems that could cause a coma, I'm worried that he would have suffered injury to his brain due to lack of oxygen originating from a heart problem.