Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am having really bad anxiety attack sometimes I can't

Customer Question
hey I am having really...
hey I am having really bad anxiety attack sometimes I can't breath in certain situations an crush under pressure an I feel very awkward sometimes in big crowds I am hopping to get prescibed Xanax I have takin it before an I have tried all kinds of antidepresents an they aren't helping me so please I really need help I feel like the is holding me back from my dream of being a model
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/14/2010
Health Professional: CamilleRN, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.Anxiety can cause alterations in breathing patterns and it may be that you are holding your breath or breathing too rapidly which can worsen the symptoms you are experiencing. The next time this happens there is something you can do...initiate proper breathing. You can help alleviate the feeling of shortness of breath secondary to incorrect breathing by changing your breathing pattern to abdominal breathing. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... (to breathe with chest muscles causes fatique and more shortness of breath) by taking in a deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale showly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety...., every time. If it comes back do it again. Definitely plan to get adequate sleep. Sleeping is so important for over all well being. ANother possibility is Anti anxiety medications, which can bevery helpful in this type of situation... ask your Doctor to try you on a prescription for a low dose Ativan or Xanax that you can take as needed. It will not make you feel sedated and will help you to feel less anxious. I hope this informtion helps you, if I can be of further help please let me know:-)
I asked my doctor to give me a presciption of a low dose as needed of Xanax but he will not give it to me he rather me waste my money on medicine that doesn't help me.I thought you were suppose to write me a prescription?

No one on just answer can write you a prescription over the internet, I am sorry.