Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Breast lump. i recently had a breast lump examined by my gp…

Customer Question
breast lump. i recently had...
breast lump. i recently had a breast lump examined by my gp and they were very unconcerned and reassuring about it. told me to keep an eye on it but that it didn't feel suspicious at all.
beside my breast ,towards my ribcage i have had (for a long time) an area of more fiberous feeling tissue. i have occasionally felt soft lumpiness in that area.
now, in that tissue, i have a lump that is about the size of a lentil (1/2 cm). if i dig around, i can feel that it is in this fiberous tissue and not attached to the chest wall or skin above it. it seems firm and round and slips out of my fingertips when i try to grab it. it does not feel soft like a cyst but rubbery.
i'm just looking for a second opinion because i am still worried after my doctors reassurnace .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/13/2010
Health Professional: CamilleRN, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. Have you had a mammography and/or untrasound?
thank you. no i haven't. my doctor felt after the exam that i had normal breast tissue and the area in question did not feel suspicious to her at all.
could you tell me what your impression is of what i described?
i should mention that i was recently pregnant. had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. this would add to hormone issues...