Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was jumped over a year ago and I have this bump on my head…

Customer Question
i was jumped over a...
i was jumped over a year ago and I have this bump on my head that has grown to be the size of life saver but thicker and has leaked blood and puss from it. I also have noticed another one that is smaller like this one was at first. I was told on one occasion that it was a stress bump. But if that were true then why the drainage and why are there others coming up by it.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/13/2010
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 8 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. You need to have your doctor look at it. There is no such thing as a "stress bump." If it leaks blood and pus then it is infected and needs a culture of the fluid to determine what bacteria are causing it. Only then can you cure it with the proper antibiotic prescription.