Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have diabitis and had it under control with diet and

Customer Question
metformin one-half twice a day...
I have diabitis and had it under control with diet and metformin one-half twice a day a little over two months ago I came down with the shinggles ever since then my sugar count has been running 20to 30 points higher then normal. I have not taken any medication for the shinggles since the first of april. Is it nornal for sugar count to go up untill the shinggals are all cleard up
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/12/2010
Health Professional: Dr.Tiwari, Doctor. replied 8 years ago
Dr.Tiwari
Dr.Tiwari, Doctor.
The sugar level tend to be rise during the period of stress due to increase demand of it to fight the stress & due to release of the natural stress hormones.This is most probably due to presence of this viral infection shingle.You may discuss it with your doctor he may increase the doses of the drug which you are taking for some time.

Hope this will help you.
Please read the above one as answer.