Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I HAVE HYDROCEPOLUS, WATER ON THE BRAIN....I WISH TO HAVE A…

Customer Question
I HAVE HYDROCEPOLUS, WATER ON...
I HAVE HYDROCEPOLUS, WATER ON THE BRAIN....I WISH TO HAVE A SHUNT PUT IN, BUT THE NEUROLGIST I WENT TO SAID NO HE WANTS TO CONTINUE TO DO SPINAL TAPS. MY REGULAR SAID I NEED TO HAVE TH E SHUNT NOW SO I WILL NOT BECOME DISABLED. IS THE SPINAL TAPS ONE AFTER THE OTHER A CURE????? THANK YOU
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/11/2010
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 8 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Spinal taps one after the other cannot cure anything. It just relieves the pressure. You should get another opinion from a second neurologist/neurosurgeon who is in a better position to give advice on this matter than a GP.