Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My Anal/Rectum has finaaly complrtetely closed the lat few…

Customer Question
My Anal/Rectum has finaaly complrtetely...
My Anal/Rectum has finaaly complrtetely closed the lat few days. But now, I still have the sensation, of material that still wants to come out.
How can I coax it to travel the other way and exit at the stoma?
Tried two spoons Milk of Magnesia 1/2 hour ago. So far no action.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/11/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Greetings.

Can you please tell me the surgery details; which kind of the surgery was done? Which and how much bowel was removed? Was it done for ulcerative colitis or cancer? Is the stoma; ileostomy or colostomy?

Dr. Arun

Because of Colo/Rectal cancer, very near the exit, last August I had the complete rectum and anus removed and replaced by a Colostomy/Stoma. The Reaerend was then surgecilally filled and closed, by adding a stomach flap plastic surgerey.

Milk of magnesia can take 4-6 hours or sometimes more to act. So you should wait for some time for it to act. If it does not work, you may consider liquid paraffin or castor oil for it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun