Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I'm looking for the total number of Electrophysiology

Customer Question
Programs in the United States...
I'm looking for the total number of Electrophysiology Programs in the United States. I have the list of teaching/residency programs, but am having a hard time finding the number of hospitals that offer the services after fellowship. Thanks!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 day by:
6/11/2010
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 8 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I don't have a reference for you either. The reason is that just about any and every large hospital has an electrophysiology department. My hometown (population just over 200,0000) has at least 15 hospitals and every one of them has an electrophysiology department offering complete EP services. It's almost like asking how many hospitals have an internal medicine department. If you are looking for large programs versus small community hospital ones, you might consider contacting the Heart Rhythm Society,***** NW, Suite 500, Washington DC 20005,(###) ###-####