Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a question that really needs an answer. I got into a…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a question that...
I have a question that really needs an answer. I got into a car accident about 2 years ago and injured some muscles at the base of my skull on the right side. I went to a chiropracter because i didnt have insurance and he said my top vertabrae was displaced over pretty far and this was two weeks after the accident so my muscles didnt heal correctly. I was having problems shortly after that and went and had an MRI done on my cervical spine and they said they seen no problems. It a little over two years later and my situation has gotten worse, my neck has shrunk and my back is always tight. I used to be a very active athlete and now I only do activities about a 1/4 of the amont of time I used too. I mainly notice a differnce on the right side of my body, I also have notice sore muscles in my arms and legs on the right side and some tingling sensations on my next and the top/back of my head. Please help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/10/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 8 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Sorry for the sufferings.

I need to know some points regarding your query so that I can answer better.

When MRI was taken?

Have you consulted any specialty doctor?

How frequent the symptoms are?

Thank you
It was taken a like 4 months after the accident. I went to a sports medicine doctor who gave me the MRI but he seemed to not care about my problem. The symptoms are pretty regular. They get worse as the day progresses, i deal with the symptoms pretty much everyday.
Thank you for the information,

I will put my opinion regarding the issue.

As the symptoms are persisting, physical therapy or massage are not helping, you will need repeat evaluation by doctor.

Though MRI was done and did not reveal any abnormality, still at this stage when you are having symptoms on one side with tingling and soreness,repeat investigations will be needed.

I feel that you can consult a spine specialist.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.

Best wishes.