Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My feet and hands including wrists are burning like painful…

Customer Question
My feet and hands including...
My feet and hands including wrists are burning like painful blisters from the inside out. Sometimes this pain shoots up my arms and ankles (not my legs at this time). My doctor said take 2 Tylenol Arthritis strength every 4-8 hours. What do you think is the problem and how long can I keep taking this med?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/9/2010
Health Professional: Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 8 years ago
Celeste NP
Celeste NP, Nurse Practitioner

Do you have diabetes?

Do you take any other types of meds?

No and Yes

The burning sensation is from nerves that are irritated and can cause pain. It is called neuropathy. Sometimes nerve conduction tests are ran to see if they are damaged.

If tylenol arthritis is helping the situation than that is fine to take. You would not want to take more than 3 times a day and ideally not take every day. The tylenol could impact and harm your liver.

If you are having to take on a daily basis for more than 2 weeks then you need to see your provider again and talk to him about another type of medication that is more for long term use.