How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would be very grateful if you could give me some advice.

Customer Question

I would be very grateful if you could give me some advice. Following an accident on the 24th December 2009, I devoloped a haematoma on my left leg, just below the knee. After many visits to the hospital, also to my consultant, mainly, to ascertain whether he felt that I should be put back on warferin - the drug that I have been taking for approximately 6 years, as following my accident I was advised not to take it. About four weeks ago I contracted MRSA, and having just returned from my daily appointment with the nurse at the doctors surgery, have been told that they think it is getting worse and appears to be moving down the leg. I have now been given my fourth dose of antibiotics. and after the Doctor saw my leg today stated " We may have to see a Specialist". I guess that I should also mention that my leg is also ulcerated, from just below the knee to the ankle, and the leakage of pus is quite severe. Please can you help.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Tiwari replied 8 years ago.
Will you please answer some questions-
1.Are you suffering any other chronic disease like diabetes or others?
2.Did you got any external wound during your accident?
3.Was there any operative procedure performed on you?
Please reply.