Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My friend fell on top of me and I hit the hardwood

Customer Question
floor(fell on my bottom)....
My friend fell on top of me and I hit the hardwood floor(fell on my bottom). This was on May 27,2010. Initally I couldn't walk well, now I can walk 85% better, however I am still experiencing pain while sittin and standing up from sittin. Also, I experience pain at the very top of my bottom when coughing and sneezing. Could I have broken my tailbone, or is it just bruised? What type of doctor should I go see to eliminate my pain?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/9/2010
Health Professional: Dr. Singh, Doctor replied 8 years ago
Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Yes, it is possible that you had fractured a tail bone. Since you are able to walk around, the fracture if any would be minimal and would not require any operative intervention. However you should get checked to know for sure. I would recommend seeing a Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PMR or Physiatrist) specialist for follow up care.
Regards.
do u recommend a physiatrist in atlanta,ga
you can visit a physiatrist in your area. use the following link to find one-

http://www.vitals.com/doctor/find?search