Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I am recovering from a pinched nerve resulting from spinal…

Customer Question
I am recovering from a...
I am recovering from a pinched nerve resulting from spinal arthritis. The condition is quite improved. My right leg just above the ankle is extremelly sore and weak. There is also some pain and tightness in the right calf. What could this condition possibly be and is there some effective therapy for addressing it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Health
6/8/2010
Health Professional: Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN) replied 8 years ago
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)

Hello and thanks for the question today. I will be happy to help.

Your weakness and discomfort are most likely directly related to your pinched nerve disorder that you have going on. You have nerves that run from your lumbar spine down into your legs and these nerves can become inflamed and start to become symptomatic as yours have. Sciatica is a common condition where the Sciatic nerve become inflamed and irritated and causes pain to be felt in the lower limb. The best thing to do is to change your position often (don't sit, stand, or lie down for extended periods of time) and also you can take an anti-inflammatory medication like Advil (motrin) per package directions for the inflammation. Also, maintaining good posture will help your overall health of your back. If the weakness and soreness do not improve, imaging such as MRI will be helpful to show the extent of the injury/incident.

It has been a pleasure helping you today. Please click "Accept" if our conversation has been helpful. If I can help you further, please reply. If not, thank you for using JustAnswer.com and hope you will use the service again soon.