How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4152
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 42yrs old I had UAE 2 weeks ago and developed and ulcer

Customer Question

I am 42yrs old I had UAE 2 weeks ago and developed and ulcer in my vulva area which is painful when I urinate.I am currently using Lidacane ointment for relief of pain.Is there a treatment for this condition
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
Hello.Vulval ulcers may be seen secondary to hair follicle infection,Herpetic Ulcers,Intertrigo,secondary to contactDermatitis or irritant dermatitis,Lichen Sclerosus,autoimmune diseases ,Pemphigoid,Psoriasis and drug allergy eruptions.Please use hypoallergic soap and toilet paper which is not perfumed.Avoid douches and use a shower.Soap substitutes may help,keeping the area dry will also help.Fungal infections or bacterial infections also need to be ruled outr as do STDs.You need to see your doctor/Gynaecologist who can examine you and guide you as to what drugs to use.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks but I was looking for something more concrete.

Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
It would be difficult to treat a ulcer without actually examining it.It would be best to see the Gynaecologist over there who can guide you.The treatment will be specific to the cause of the ulcer and the condition diagnosed.