Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I was recently admitted into the hospital on last Thursday

I was recently admitted into the hospital on last Thursday for BP 220/127. I was released Friday. Today I had to leave work early because my BP ws 187/111. I was given prescriptions for Lisinopril 40 mg. 1 in morning 1 in evening. Norvasc 10 mg in morning and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg. I just checked my BP and it is 180/113 with a pulse rate of 98. I have an appointment at my PCP tomorrow at 2:00 PM. I have not been doing anything strenuous. I have been sitting down for the past two or three hours. Could you advise me on what I should do? Should I go back to the ER or wait until my appointment with my PCP tomorrow?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 7 years ago.

Greetings,

Sorry for the problem.

Your blood pressure is quite high. I would recommend that you should go to hospital. A persistent BP above 180/110 is considered as hypertensive crisis. Please read this resource too.

http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=3057641

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your healthy life.
Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.