Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
14180959

My daughter is 8 weeks pregnant and we are traveling cross

My daughter is 8 weeks pregnant and we are traveling cross country. She has started to bleed about 2 hours ago and is having some sharp pains in her lower abdomen. She does not have insurance and we do not know what to do. Do you have any advice?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.
dear customer,

what is amount of bleed?
any associated abdomen pain, vomitting, diarrhea?
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.
dear customer,

what is amount of bleed?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

She is bleeding when she goes to the bathroom, her urine in the toilet has blood in it and she has some blood on a kotex pad. It looks somewhat like a light menstral period with some clots. There was some sharp shooting pain early last night and some cramping. She has been laying down since about 9pm last night. If she is miscarring will she be alright to wait until thursday or friday to be seen by a doctor provided she is not having extreme pain or any other complications othe then the bleeding? she is not experiencing any of the other symptoms you asked about.

Expert:  Dr. RK replied 7 years ago.
dear customer,

The bleeding during pregnancy should not be ta***** *****ghtly and she should have the relevant investigations done like blood counts, sonography uterus, serum hcg levels done to know the associated abnormality.

The miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy and infectious cause should be ruled out.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you!