CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I NEED SOMETHING TO GIVE ME ENERGY. I PRESENTLY TAKE VITAMIN

I NEED SOMETHING TO GIVE ME ENERGY. I PRESENTLY TAKE VITAMIN E, FISH OIL, BUTCHER'S BROOM, CoQ-10 (200mg) i JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET MOVING LIKE I NORMALLY DO. I HAVE HAD A URINRY TRACK INFECTION AND A BOUT WITH SCIATICA, BUT ALL THAT'S BEEN TAKEN CARE OF. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today.Both Klonopin and Valerian Root can make you feel tired and lack energy. I would recommend you ask your Doctor if it would be possible to decrease or discontinue the Klonopin and I would also recommend you discontinue the Valerian root. If you have anxiety problems, you may benefit from deep breathing exercises which will help you to feel calm right away. To abdominal breathe ( which is a much more effective breathing technique) place one hand on your abdomen and one hand on your chest... watch to see which rises. It should be the abdomen, NOT the chest.Practice breathing using your abdominal muscles... (to breathe with chest muscles causes fatigue and chest tightness) by taking in a deep breath through your nose.. making sure only the hand on your abdomen moves, slowly.. and exhale slowly through the mouth.. your abdomen should flatten with exhalation. Do this three breaths at a time. Breathing correctly will immediately eliminate anxiety every time. If it comes back do it again. Definitely plan to get adequate exercise and sleep. Both are so important for over all well being. I hope this information helps you. If I can help you further, please let me know:-)