How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16292
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About three weeks ago, I turned my head to the right and

Resolved Question:

About three weeks ago, I turned my head to the right and felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.
I can get some relief with a hot vibrating pad. I feels like a pinched nerve.
Do I need to have an xray? What type of doctor would be able to help in this issue.
Will this go away in time?
Jim Berg
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 7 years ago.


Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Xrays won't be able to see any nerve problem. If you need a nerve specialist, a neurologist is the one who specializes in nerve problems. However, you should probably start with an exam with your primary provider who can tell if you need a specialist or not.

A. Schuyler, NP and 9 other Health Specialists are ready to help you

Related Health Questions