CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

I just got out of a circumcision 10 days ago. The wound has

Hello, I just got out of a circumcision 10 days ago. The wound has not healed proparly. There is an opening on the left side. There is no blood or anything, the wound is clean but It seems like the skin has closed so the "walls" can not connect. Will it grow eventually or what? Should I be worried? I went to the emergency room and the doctor there said there is nothing that he could do and that it should heal, but I want a second opinion.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. I can't really vizualize the problem... are you saying that salong the ridge where the foreskin was cut, there is an area that split open?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It never grew together, this was not a very good job. It is aproximently a 3mm long gap
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
This will heal by what is known as secondary intention, which is when the wound fills itself in with granulated tissue. This is a slower process than primary intention which is when the edges are together. It should heal nicely and you should not have much, if any ,scarring in that area.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I be worried about infection or gangrene? Will this be allright?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
As long as it looks clean, no drainage, it should heal beautifully. You should contact the surgeon and ask him if he would want you to apply any antibiotic cream or other anti infective.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok thank you, ***** ***** been very helpful. Can you recommend a good plastic surgery if it will not look good?
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Try not to worry about that...it will look good.. I know it doesn't seem so now, but as the tissue grows in it should look very good.