Dr J Burk
Dr J Burk, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS MRCGP
5101698

Please help me. I have had aching in my legs for a week. The

Please help me. I have had aching in my legs for a week. The aching has subsided quite a bit, but now, and for the last 2 days, my thigh muscles burn. What could be causing this. I have been resting and avoiding excercise. I went to the dr. for this about a month ago and they did bloodwork... a cbc, cpk, metabolic panel, and inflammatory markers. Everything came back normal. I am getting frustrated and worried something serious could be going on! please help!
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Is the burning the same in both your legs?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes the burning is the same. It started as an ache as if I had the flu, but now it feels like a slight burning and maybe a tad bit weak.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 7 years ago.

Thanks

Where exactly is the problem?

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my thighs
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 7 years ago.

Thanks

There are a few significant causes for this but in a 26 year-old woman with normal blood tests the chance of this being true in your case is not , at all , high.

To be honest I would rest up and expect the problem to settle down - sure if you are no better in 2-3 weeks get back to your own Dr - but for now I would not be worried.

Dr Jef

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well this is the second time in a 5 weeks this has happened, so what are the possible significant causes? I just feel as if something is not right.
Expert:  Dr J Burk replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Myositis would need to be considered ( but your normal CPK is NOT consistent)- also spinal cord disease if the pain is in the back of your thighs and your physical exam was abnormal.

Dr Jef

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Myositis:-Polymyositis-and-Dermatomyositis.htm