A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

My dad (61) felt bad today he got diarrhea and went pale he

my dad (61) felt bad today he got diarrhea and went pale he comes from heart ischemic history (2007 had an attack but ricoveded quite well and went fine till today) we took him to E.R. the performed an ECG and some blood test including some enzyme blood test every x hours the 1st one went ok and they said it must be everything ok but they will keep him in hospital untill tomorrow waiting for other 6hr, 12 hr blood test they say it must be all rite but im still worried

what can u tell me?
Sorry for my bad english further question are welcome

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Diarrhea is common in viral gastrointestinal infections. They can cause sweating, nausea, and cramping as well. With a normal ecg and heart enzymes, it doesn't sound like this episode was in any way cardiac-related. Keeping him overnight and doing serial enzymes is standard procedure with someone who has a history of ischemic heart disease, but it sounds like that wasn't the problem this time.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
today he was watering his plants in the garden when he came back in telling us he wasn't feeling good he was pale on his face and he said he was suffering from cold sweat he got diarrhea and he said he was feeling weak , with abdominal then we took him to E.R.doctors who were there , tried to assure me that everything "should" fine by tomorrow
but the more they said so the more i got worried and I dont know why(hospitals phobia??) you know the rest of the story

Well, thank you again Ms. Shuyler

Greetings from Italy

massimo

and since here it's 4.00am i think i should get some sleep

Greeting from Tur

Sorry, I had to get some sleep, too, and I just signed back on again. It is 11 a.m. on the east coast of the US and I have had back-to-back patients fail to show up for appointments, so I have a minute to catch up on Just Answer before the next one arrives. It is always scary when a family member is sick, even when you are a health care professional. It sounds like your father overdid outside, perhaps having a bit of heat exhaustion, if not heat stroke, which precipitated his symptoms. I'm glad he is doing better and it wasn't cardiac. God bless you all.