CamilleRN
CamilleRN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  Experience: 20 yrs experience in ER, ICU, Neuro, OR, Chemo,Cardiology, Dermatology and MORE.
22106326

On february seventeenth i saw the OBGYN and tested negative

On february seventeenth i saw the OBGYN and tested negative for chlamydia. On March seventeenth i went by to my doctor for vaginal itching and she did an STD screen. Again negative. On march 22, i went to the ER for vaginal itching and tested positive for chlamadia. I have only been with my boyfriend for the last three months. And we havent had sex for almost a month because of the itching. He has tested negative for the disease. How is this possible??? I was sleeping with him before the test on the seventeenth. I havent had sex during what would be the incubation period. Please help. My relationship is on the brink of ruin.
Category: Health
Expert:  CamilleRN replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer Health...and thank you for your question. I am a verified Expert and am delighted to help you today. It can take up to a month to test positive after exposure. It's also important to know you may have had it for a long time with no symptoms. In men more often than women,Chlamydia will go away on its own without treatment so he could have been infected at one point and then test negative later or He may have a false negative.