How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9262
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a burning sensation on my scrotum. No penis pain, no

Resolved Question:

I have a burning sensation on my scrotum. No penis pain, no discharge, nothing wrong with any of my parts. Aside from a odd set of bumps around the base of the penis, original and first one only was on the midsection of the shaft, all disappearing in about five months, I haven't noticed or done anything with myself to deem a probable cause for the "rash". There is redness, but main question is if this is a STD or can it be transferred?
6'5'' fair skin, pale, athletic build. Herniation age 5 on penis, scarring remains at lower portion of base alongside scrotum. Not near aggravated area.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
You may have a bacterial infection of the follicles in your scrotum (folliculitis).
. Bacteria often enter through a small opening of a hair follicle.
Folliculitis is usually caused by staphylococcus aureus. Heat and sweat can aggravate folliculitis.
Folliculitis is treated with topical or oral antibiotics sensitive to S.aureus.
I suggest you to consult a dermatologist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.
I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I saw the cut and paste of this one from the other post. That person mentioned penis burning. I don't have that. If it were hair follicle openings, then that would be more along the line of pores being invaded. It doesn't seem like to have gotten in through hair follicles as I shave for the past three years. I also mentioned trying the topical ointments. That does not work. Please review this more thoroughly before the canned reply. If I wanted to pay money to have you tell me to see a doctor, I wouldn't have wasted my time.
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.

Folliculitis can occur as a result of shaving.
Other possible causes that comes to mind include fungal infection resulting in skin irritation and burning sensation you describe.
This may be a result of localised fungal infection as there can be moist area .
Mild hydrocortisone cream with cotrimoxazole cream can be used for local application .

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
which of the above illnesses/diseases does not involve some discharge? I am not discharging anything, no unusual smells, and the burning comes and goes randomly. I don't find it prevalent after exercising or sitting down for long times. It simply comes and goes. Would you be more inclined to go with some sort of fungal illness or are you saying its a bacteria still?
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 years ago.
As such treatment with local anti fungal ointment can be considered .
However in some cases there can be mixed infection .
So antibiotic +anti fungal cream combination may also be prescribed to you .
Dr. Anil and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you