Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Physician and US Medical School Graduate
18703594

I have no medical and i have a boil on my right buttock what

i have no medical and i have a boil on my right buttock what can i do
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
Is this close to the midline near the 'crack'?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
What you probably have is called a 'Pilonidal cyst' - and this needs to be drained of the pus - if you do not drain this, it will get more painful and bigger - - it will eventually pop - but it will be painful - I would recommend you see your doctor to get this 'abscess/cyst' drained and cleaned. You do not need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
on average how much does this proceger cost
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 7 years ago.
I don't know where you are - but this is usually performed in the office - and you can called a GP, Family practice or even a general surgeon and you can find out. If you do not have insurance, you can ask if there is any special rates, but this can run from $100 to $250 on average - just call a few of your local doctors, it would be well worth the effort. I can tell you that when I do this, my reimbursement from the insurance company is less than $100.