How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4060
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a bit concerned, for the past 4 months the head of my

Customer Question

hey guys, i am a bit concerned, for the past 4 months the head of my penis has been quite red all over. It doesnt hurt, there is no discharge of any type and no bad smell. the only symptom i get is sometimes the head gets dry and peels a little bit. other wise it is just really red, and girls are always asking wat is wrong with it...i hav been to the doctor and he tested me for all stds, but i came back negative. i applied some cream a while back and it fixed it, but it was only temporary. Any ideas on how i can rid of it? thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
Hello.The common causes of this would be a fungal infection and a Atopic Dermatitis/Contact Dermatitis/Seborriec dermatitis and psoriasis.If there is a whitish edge to the peeling skin ,it is probably fungal,the use of a local antifungal like Lamisil/Lotrimin creram for 3-4 weeks will clear it up.If it is Dermatitis,the use of a mild steroid cream will help.If the problem persists,You need to see a Dermatologist/your PCP who can guide you further after examining you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

ok, one more symptom i hav experienced which i forgot to say was that i think twice before, my foreskin swelled up, it went down after a few days, but it was very you think it may be related to rubbing? i am a tradesmen so i am doing alot of physical work all day. Thank you

Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 7 years ago.
Foreskin swelling does occur in allergic conditions.It would go in favour of atopic dermatitis and I would suggest that you add a oral antihistaminic like loratidine to a local steroid cream.