Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

I have unstable gait (walking problem). Could it be a side

I have unstable gait (walking problem). Could it be a side effect of vytorin? I have taken it for 5 years without problem
Please tell:
What is the problem with gait actually?
Is it broad based ,short steps or what?
Can you stand on both legs with eyes close?
Do you fall down when your eyes are close?
Ever you experienced a stroke or mini stroke?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is short steps and trouble walking without a cane or walker. Can stand on both legs but need support when eyes closed. I never had a stroke but MRI showed mini strokes

I am 82, problem stared two years ago and progresses slowly. A neurologist did numerous tests but could not find out what is causing it. I have taken vytorin for 5 years without problems. It works well lowering my cholesterol

There is possibility that you got Rhabdomyolysis(destruction os muscle tissue) after prolonged use of vytorin . Rhabdomyolysis is a side effect of its use.Since the skeletal muscles are not supporting the legs hence the gait is troublesome.
Hope it was helpful,
Dr.Naeem.